Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Typical Wednesday

Every Wednesday I have a piano lesson. I have to practice on these days or else I feel so nervous for my lesson! I mean what can Dr. Spillman really do to me? Kick me out and take away my scholarship? Perhaps...If I don't wake up early enough in the morning, then I can't get a practice room. It's kind of insane. Does this make sense to you: 8 pianos for 50 piano students? And everyone is required to practice 3-5 hours a day? That sounds like a good plan! Definitely enough for everyone. It's driving me nuts that I can't efficiently plan my day because the most important thing is so hit and miss. I spend so much time either waiting or trying to figure out exactly what I can do instead of wait. It's frustrating.

I don't have anything extremely exciting to say today. I usually eat with this guy named Andrew who I met in CRU (which is this campus ministry I'm involved in). He apparently thinks that I'm the most critical person he knows. There might be some truth in that...I just hate it when people keep their opinions so much to themselves that you don't even know what they think about a given thing! In short, I hate it when people beat around the bush. So much. And so I don't. I am definitely not the only one who thinks those things, but I'm just the one who voices them and I hate it when people tease me for being like that. Hypocrites.

Things that I've discovered since I started college:
1) Earplugs. They are fantastical and magical and good. Until you don't wake up because you can't hear your alarm.
2) Walks. I've liked walks for a long time, but I love them way more now because there's so many places to walk.
3) Freetime. I have bad time management and I have waaaay too much of this awesome thing.
4) Girls are disgusting. How is our bathroom dirty like that? I just...clean your crap out of the sink.
5) My shell. It was pretty much gone by the time high school ended but it has come back. I'm bad at making friends.

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment