Saturday, September 7, 2013

My weekend. Yes, I know I'm whining.

Sometimes, God just hates my plans. I make plans and I think to myself, "This is perfect! I'll get everything done and have a great time!" And God thinks to himself, "HA! MY plans are so much better for you than your own plans!" That being said, I'm not going to write about some life changing event like where I'm going to college or what I'm majoring in. No, God has a plan for every single day of my life. It's ridiculous.

I started off the weekend heading home Friday night on my way to middle school youth group. Or so I thought. I was also going to practice when I got home (my mom loves to hear me practice). I ended up not practicing and not going to youth group. I spent time with Chloe catching up and stuff because that's pretty important: maintaining relationships. Then I drove down to the church and guess what? No middle school youth group! I don't even know how that got past me, the whole '2nd and 4th weeks every month'...but it did. So I went to Grace's instead and spent the night. Which was great because I realized how much I missed laughing all the time with my friends. *LOOK AWAY!!!!* I mean, some people are nice and/or funny, but not in the same way or the same magnitude...

Saturday was great! I went to Isaac's game (they lost horribly) and then I hung out with Seth. I actually don't think he realizes how much I just like walks...which translates into: I always have a good time with him. Weird. I also found out something hilarious but it's strictly confidential and shouldn't be posted on the internet so you should ask me about it. It was a good time. Then he dropped me off at the bus stop.

At this point, I'd like to take a second and say that my weekend hasn't been that bad yet. Even though I came down on the wrong weekend, it was still awesome. I got to hang out with some people who I love to be around. Not a waste.

So naturally, my Saturday turned into the annoyance of my week. I caught the wrong bus. The Bolt (the bus from Longmont to Boulder Transit Center) comes once every HOUR. I don't actually know what bus I boarded but it did not go towards Boulder. In fact, it took me down 287 and the next stop was at 287 and Pike Road. But I was worried about missing the bus and so I boarded it which was the worst decision that I could have made. And then I had to walk down Pike Road to the next bus stop at the Twin Peaks Mall. Luckily, my mom came to my rescue and took me to the stop.

When I got to Boulder, I got a connecting bus but then got off too soon from that one...so I walked the rest of the way to campus. A looooong walk. I walked all day Seth then by myself and then after dinner I went on ANOTHER walk. So I think I got my exercise for today, yeah?

God likes to do that. Change your plans so you can meditate on him while walking from bus stop to dorm or while waiting at the stop. And it's better for you but it still is frustrating. You know what I'm talking about.

On another note, I have been writing music. When I become a badass at it, I'll play it for you. Maybe. Don't wait up for it though because I can honestly say that I'm pretty shy about my music composing (lack of) capabilities.

Abby

P.S. Ok maybe the thing I learned wasn't HILARIOUS...maybe it was just really funny. I thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment