Saturday, September 14, 2013

Guess what I'm gonna blog about.

Well.  The 100-Year Flood is all anybody is talking about. I was at work on thursday when the flooding really started. We kept hearing about roads closing and things collapsing and towns evacuating and it was hard to tell what was true and what was rumor. We knew it was bad because you could see that the parking lot of staples, best buy, and  dick's sporting goods had become a river. A river! that's crazy! when they finally let me off of work and i drove east on 119, the st. vrain had risen so much it was unrecognizable. and of course you know i got abby and we had to pee so bad blah blah blah. and then that night the news said it was only going to get worse and i thought 'how can this get worse? hover has a river across it and longmont is pretty much isolated!' thankfully the meteorologists were wrong and we didn't get much more rain on friday. now it's saturday and they are saying tomorrow it's supposed to pour again.....
 it's incredible to me how water can be so devastating. Living on the north side of town, everything looks perfectly normal. I can be doing homework or watching a movie and have this nagging thought like 'something's not right' and then i remember that south longmont is pretty much underwater and boulder and estes park and lyons are drenched. It's also amazing to see how the city has rallied to support the people worst hit. I heard that they aren't even accepting any more donations.That's crazy! I also heard someone say 'well at least we know the whole earth won't flood' and so i felt compelled to put those verses here.

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

There is not much going on besides that. I have so much homework for monday but i don't feel this urge to do it because i don't know if there will be school on monday. Not that it matters because the assignments are online...sucks to be me. and i've gotta watch the little brathole today. i always want to go do something on saturdays with him and he hates my ideas....Yesterday i told him we were going to take gus for a walk and he whined and whined and i go 'guess what? guess what i'm going to tell you.' and he screws up his face and says in a really high voice 'sometime you just have to suck it up' and i was like exactly. Maybe i'm getting through to him....who knows.

OK well that's it. I have an urge to watch a movie but i don't know what i want to watch..suggestions welcome. stay dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment