Sunday, September 15, 2013

Why does there have to be a title? That's putting it into such a box.

I don't really have very much to say today. You know why that is? Because I was in Longmont since Thursday and either you were there with me or I was doing other things like hanging out with Seth. And I know just how much you both LOVE to read about that. Even if I have to tell you both something CRAZY. (This time, it's actually crazy.) So there's that. I did not practice nearly enough this weekend. When I go home for any amount of time, I automatically think that I'm on vacation and that's not a good thing because then I don't learn music. But wait, you both don't care about hearing about my practicing either. After I was stuck on a bus for hours on end and then rescued by my knight in shining armor (that's you, Grace), I basically watched movies all weekend and also made that delicious bread with you guys. Well actually you guys made it, and I looked at iFunny (the little red hen)...I couldn't have pictured a better weekend. Oh wait, I could have. One option for a better weekend includes going to Alaska. Enough said.

Anyway, this living-on-a-floor-with-all-women is really screwing with me. My stupid period is late which makes me bloated and angry and starving. I think I ate all day today and I could probably eat more. If I don't start it soon, I'm going to be gaining my freshman 30 lbs instead of 15, THIS WEEK.

One highlight of the year: none of our houses got flooded. I am just taking a moment right now to thank God so much for that fact. I don't know what my mom would have done if our house had flooded. I mean, we are not necessarily struggling to get by, but we would be if there had been a flood. We seriously would have been struggling. Needless to say, it's devastating to be a part of this. These CRU leaders, Arielle and Michael are newlyweds. In a new apartment with new things and new wedding gifts and their new lives and it was all flooded by the rain. It came in seconds. Suddenly it was up to their knees and the next their shoulders apparently. I want to give them my tithing money (the next time that I actually make any money) so if you want to, you can too. I just feel terrible for them. They are so awesome and so in love and so encouraging. I wish it didn't have to happen to them! It's so terrible.

Also, what if I have mono? I have been unnaturally tired for me lately and unable to focus...I doubt it but still.

Oh, and did I mention that Wednesday night there Farrand Field was a GIANT SLIP AND SLIDE  right outside my room? Because there was. And then these 3 guys invited me to go shower with them. Which was extremely awkward and I just kept on walking. Awkward.

Not in light of the natural disaster, but in light of my own life, this is a great verse: "Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry." -Colossians 3:5 Put it to death. Do it.

~Abby~

No comments:

Post a Comment