Monday, June 2, 2014

San Diego

So I am in San Diego at this moment in time. It's basically this amazing place that I am in love with by now. To the west is the ocean and to the east is the bay. Each within 2 blocks of my condo. It's beautiful is what I'm trying to say. It's also so nice here. It's cool and breezy all day long. It's just perfect to be here. I really like it.

So I shared my testimony like the first full day that we were here. With 4 other girls. Complete. Strangers. It was such an interesting experience. Technically, we haven't even shared our testimonies with each other even though we do life together all the time. I think we should.

So I went swimming in the ocean 2 days ago. It was amazing! Except this girl Anna and I were the only girls ACTUALLY swimming. All the other girls were laying out. So I was swimming with like 7 or 8 guys that were from CRU too. Back up. On the way there, I met this guy named Bryce (I think that's how you spell it) and he said that I have great hair. Well he said something like "cool hair because it's a different color" or something like that. So we were all swimming in the ocean. And he is hard core flirting with me. I'm talking splashing me with water, trying to push me into the waves, trying to trip me over himself, mocking my screams/giggles of delight at the waves. Hard core flirting. So then when I got out of the water, my friend Taylor said that he would teach me how to play the ukelele this summer. Anna and I want to ride a tandem bike with me on the back playing the ukelele. Yes. So anyway, Taylor had his ukelele so I went over there to try and learn and I'm really struggling so I'm trying to laugh it off and I can just tell he thinks I'm being all cutesy and stuff and he just continues to flirt and he tries to sit very close to me on the sand and he said "I'll sing the guy part and you can sing the girl part" in this LOVE SONG. So then he asked me what my major is and I said I'm a music major and he said he wanted to be a music major. For guitar and drum set. -_- under impressed am I. So then he asked me if I can sing and I say not really I mostly play classical music and I kid you not he goes "I have a friend who likes classical. What is wrong with you guys?" And so naturally he almost gets punched in the face. Then later that night, he found me in the crowd after the meeting and he invited me to the beach for a late night jam session on the beach. At night. With him. On the beach. In a romantic setting. I'm so under impressed. I don't know how that's gonna work out for him...

On another note, this guy at work just was staring into my eyes and he wouldn't break eye contact and then in the weirdest way possible, he goes "Are those your real eyes, because they are beautiful" and I was weirded out.

I also get to rent bikes, surf boards, paddle boards, wet suits, and anything else without a motor for FREE this summer!!! WHAT WHAT?!

Ok we seriously have to road trip out here some time when B isn't a baby anymore :)

Also, Count of Monte Cristo? Not a good movie. Read the book. The movie ruins everything.

I have to go. Make sure to write fast so that I can update more about my trip!!!

I love you two!!!

~Abby~

No comments:

Post a Comment